What is your problem with having way sections between each intersection
instead of one long way?

The AND data in the Netherlands has ways that go only from intersection
to intersection, we already split the ways at bridges, tunnels, maxspeed
changes, name changes etc. Apparently the method of splitting ways into
sections is already widely spread, so what's the harm when we split
where there is a turn restriction as well?