On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:25:20AM +0100, mle wrote:

> So what's going on here?  Are the coastline traces somehow displaced,
> and if so, how can this be corrected ?

Coastline traces are often inaccurate, and often displaced. The best
option is to adjust them manually. At least in JOSM I can move the
landsat layer. So I'll try to match the landsat layer to known features,
for example roads visible on the satelitte images. Then, I'll move the
coastline manually so that it matches the landsat images....

A bit tedious, but I'll normally always do it if I map so close to the
sea that this accuracy becomes important.
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.