Hi,

I'm looking for a way to map restrictions for a zone.  This
includes things like maxspeed, maxweight and parking restriction.
I want to avoid having to place those tags on all the roads inside
the zone, specially for large zones, since it's very easy to forget
one.

What currently comes closest to what I want is an area with a
place= tag, but the meaning of that is not clearly defined,
and you can't do everything with that.

So I want to have a way to mark all roads inside the zone to
have the restriction for that zone.  It should probably also
have a way to indicate that you're inside the built-up area.
If the same type of restriction (for instance maxspeed) is
placed both on the zone and the highway itself, the one for
the highway should be used.

For a previous discussion about this, see:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:OSM_tags_for_routing/Maxspeed#Inside_.2F_outside_built-up_area

Kurt