All

The foundation today discussed the perceived need for a working group
to help people import data.

We know there are highly talented individuals out there who are able
to find data to import, have the social skills and time to get data
holders to release it to OSM, have the legal knowledge to see if it's
ok to import and have the technical skills to do the actual importing.
They are doing amazing work.

However there are those that can do only a portion of this. Thus we
would like to help the people finding the data meet the people who can
import it, and them feel they have backing. We are not looking to
stomp on existing imports. We wish to help with the large number of
datasets out there without a champion who has all the skills needed to
get it imported. There is a lot of data out there! We will prioritise
it and help get it imported.

So, are you someone who knows about some datasets? Are you able to do
the importing? Do you have a little time each week to help guide the
process and talk to people who might have data? Then please get in
touch to help start this group. We will meet approximately every week
or two for an hour long phone call.

Best

Steve