On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:57:36 +0200, Ivan Garcia <capisc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody knows of any open source software or web application that is
> useful to be used for a vehicles fleet management system ?  (all vehicles
> carry a GPS unit) and the maps should be based on OpenStreetMap.
>
> Otherwise, we are looking forward to start it from zero with the help of
> the
> community, and contribute to OSM all the data gathered by the fleet in
> south
> east Asia.
>
> Best Regards.
> Ivan Garcia.

Hi,

I don't know such software in the non-commercial world. But if you
write your own, I may help with protocolls.

One of the things I'm
writing for Traveling Salesman is a web-service to collect traffic
information. A next step for me would then be to make a general
protcoll that can carry much more data (like vehicle-positions,
routes or voice-chat between multiple vehicles in a convoy).
So we may make the protocolls between cars, servers and desktop-
clients open and general enough so they can be supported by and
usefully for many others here.

Marcus