On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 09:56:42AM +0200, Ivan Garcia wrote:
> Hi Peter, which your approach, I believe that the render by osm will be
> the same than a normal residential street

No, I guess, it will have a red dashed transparent line drawn over it,
meaning „restricted access”. No more details, though.

And I guess it should be rather highway=service than highway=residental.
That changes rendering a bit too (it is narrower in Mapnik IIRC).

>, what highway tag  can I use to
> differentiate this allewys in the rendered map?

There is no way to make every real-world difference mapped differently.
And OSM is not just the Mapnik or OSM tiles. Even if the data is not
visible on the maps at http://openstreetmap.org/ the difference is still
in the database and may be used by any routing software or custom
renderers.

Greets,
        Jacek