On 6/6/09, Jack Stringer <jack.ix...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/6 ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen <g.grem...@cetest.nl>:
>> Any consensus about tagging
>>
>> statues and public art ?
>>

>> Gert Gremmen
>
> I would be tempted to say yes to both. I assume Statues are covered by
> monument though. I would only put in work that is there permanently
> because some public art is only there for a short wile and could make
> the maps outdated. I sometimes use statues as a reference point wile
> navigating people around towns. For example, Turn left at the statue
> of George Formby and head towards the beach.
>

> Jack Stringer

Then you get places like Toronto, Ontario's "Sculpture Garden"
(http://www.toronto.ca/parks/parks_gardens/sculpturegdns.htm), . There
is always public art in the park, but what art changes every few
months. Last time I was in the park there was a giant mushroom, now I
gather there is a "Disco Fallout Shelter" (?!?!?!?!). It would be
worth noting that there is public art there, without getting
specific...

 Colin.