2009/7/1 maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I get this error using bulk_upload.py:
>
> $ python bulk_upload.py --input=pas_osm.osm --user=****
> --password=**** --comment="*****"
> bulk_upload.py:42: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
>  import sets
> Uploading change set:1701375
> Error uploading changeset:404
>
> Any advice?

I think the bulk_upload.py script doesn't show the error message given
by the server (it would tell you what exactly is wrong with the
changeset and you could fix it then).

I have at http://www.openstreetmap.pl/balrog/bulkupload/ a bunch of
utility scripts for bulk uploading, which do show the exact error
message.  They are a little lower level than the scripts currently in
svn so I was thinking whether I should ask for an account and put the
scripts in the SVN beside the existing upload scripts there.

Features:
upload progress indication,
splitting changesets into smaller changesets

If the file doesn't need to be split, to upload an .osm file you'll
just need to convert it to a changeset by calling
./osm2change.py pas_osm.osm

and upload with:
./upload.py pas_osm.osc

Cheers