Tristan Thomas schreef:
> Hello all,
> I've just joined OSM, it's looking really interesting & useful.  I have
> a question, that I'm sure has been asked before, but I don't where I'm
> afraid.

Hello,

I was able to open a VDO Dayton MS2000 (bought in 2nd hand in French
shop for 30 euros, no cd, no cables, but working).

I replace the AutoUpgrade.exe with a file browser, and ... hup, I can
look inside...

Then I can use NoniGPSPPLOT, or other stuff...

There is a description here for Mio etc, working for Navmans, Becker,
.... in fact most winCE based GPSes should work with
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/MioPocket%20Readme.html

I also have a Tomtom, with TTracklog, be it my IGN/Evadeo was a last ex
and only 50 euros !

Look what I have on a 256Mb SD:

$ ls 256flash-autoupgrade/
AutoUpgrade.exe  cemonitor.exe  FileManCE.exe          gosmorece
Navigator.dat  PNADesktop.exe  StartUp
BeeLineGPS       evadeo         FM_FileOperations.dll  navi
NoniGPSPlot    PocketGPS-Map

with cemonitor.exe I could find the port settings 1/9600 for the vdo,
2/4800 for the IGN.
I copied FileManCE.exe  to AutoUpgrade.exe  and let it accompanied with
FM_FileOperations.dll  and there you go ...

Marc

--
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Deutsch, Suid-Afrikaans, Urdu,
Cantonese, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, ...