David Groom wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <klep...@gmail.com>
To: "Openstreetmap" <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Coastline

Forward to ML.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Martijn van
Oosterhout<klep...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM, David Groom<revi...@pacific-rim.net>
wrote:

Yes. For mapnik, at high zoom levels the coast polygons used are
generated
from shapefiles created by the coastline error checker.

The coastline error checker has been offline since sometime before mid
June,
so no updated shapefiles have been created.

FWIW, I'm trying to get it working again (it was pointed out to me a
few days ago that hypercube was back online) however I keep running
into problems with corrupted planet dumps and daily diffs. I hope to
have it working again soon.

Thanks Martijn

Its such a useful tool to have available

David

+1