On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:17:59 +0200, Ulf Lamping
<ulf.lamp...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Joseph Scanlan schrieb:
>> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I would tag them completely differently. It is a different kind
>>> of object, it is not a Motel where you just pay according to a
>>> different fee system / business modell.
>>
>> Around here I would not use a separate tag.  No-Tell Motels must show a
>> little discretion.  Hourly rate is a pretty clear hint as to what people

>> are doing there (not sleeping) but it still looks like a motel on the
>> outside.
>>
>> Places that are more open could very well have businesses that deserve a

>> special tag.  For example, I wouldn't tag any business in Clark County
>> as a brothel, the brothels look like other businesses and the
>> prostitutes will go somewhere else when the location draws too much
>> attention from law enforcement.  In other Nevada counties, were
>> prostitution is legal, a brothel tag makes sense.  These are clearly
>> labeled, well established businesses.
>>
>> Just my point of view from a rather atypical city in the US desert south

>> west.
>>

> You seem to think about an "inofficial brothel", as prostitution is
> illegal in some parts of nevada.
>
> IIRC the brazilian "love hotels" are often used by "regular couples" (so
> probably no "business" involved). Because the couple still lives at
> their parents, not married, or whatever. IIRC, this kind of "motel" is
> also known in japan.
>

> Yes, I guess it makes sense to tag them special, as a normal traveller
> probably wouldn't want to stay there.
>
> As we already have amenity=brothel, why not use amenity=love_hotel for
> this?

I think in most cases they can be tagged as normal motels, most of them
also offer day-rates or even week-rates in addition to hour-rates, most of
them have a few or more "Adult" tv-channels, but so do many hotels. The
only difference is that some of them have a 18year limit for guests (no
minores under 18 can stay). The kind of rates a motel (or hotel for that
matter) should be possible to tag, I do not think the entertainment package
is of interest to the map, age limits might be tagged as some sort of
restriction. I also know that there are "normal" hotels that have some
restrictions, such as no infants, unmarried couples cannot share room, no
alcoholic beverage, etc.

IMO, a  brazilian love hotel should be tagged motel, with additional tags
if needed.

Me and my wife use such love hotels at times to get a night from the kids,
so there are several usages.

When travelling in Brazil, usually Pousada is a good and cheap place to
stay, taking the role of motels in Europe, though most pousadas don't
accept visitors after a certain hour (without prior
notification/reservation) while the motels accepts visitors at any hour.
--
Brgds
Aun Johnsen