2009/8/2 Ulf Mehlig <ulf.meh...@gmx.net>:
> I tried to revert two large changesets of mine (double import of
> municipal borders in ParĂ¡/north Brazil due to a local network problem)
> via revert.pl (fresh from svn); in the middle of the reversal process, I
> got the message
>
> GET http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/451437544/history... 500
> Internal Server Error (369b)
>
> and now my try to resume the revert process ends after a number of
> deletions with
>
> relation 183111 cannot be retrieved: 500 read failed: Connection reset by peer
>
> The two changesets in question are 1980659 and 1980698.
>
> Is there anybody who can help?

Since the changeset only contains creations, the easiest way I found
to revert those is manually:
 * download the changeset xml (wget
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/1980698/download ...)
 * replace occurrences of "create" with "delete" (in vim :%s/create/delete/)
 * upload resulting changeset, you can use the upload script at
http://www.openstreetmap.pl/balrog/bulkupload/upload.py for that
(./upload.py newchangeset.osc)

Similarly deletions can be reverted easily, only modifications need
looking up the node history like revert.pl does.

Cheers