John Smith wrote:
> While this isn't my proposal, I have an interest in getting 4wd_only tracks
> to render properly. I've slightly modified this page to conform to what
> people suggested on the talk-au list. This tag is already in use in the
> Australian area, judging by the talk pages possibly other countries too.
>
> I would like to move things forward and have this render properly, roads that
> are 4wd only are everywhere in Australia and they need to clearly state it.
> Simply marking things as tracks isn't enough as cars are able to drive along
> some tracks, but for clearence reasons they won't be able to drive down a
> 4wd_only track.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/4WD_Only
>
> Australian Tagging Guidelines, based on talk-au threads.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#4WD_only_track

High ground clearance required?
More 4WD vehicles are appearing nowadays, but it's not always clear what they
are actually capable off. So 4WD_Only is not really the correct terminology
and does not clearly identify the problem? IS it ground clearance, deep fords,
mud or poor traction conditions ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL