Hi,

Tom Chance wrote:
>> Well the hurdle to jump to change an existing tagging should certainly
>> be much higher than the hurdle to introduce a new tag for something that
>> hasn't been tagged before.
>
> Which is precisely why I made a simple proposal for a new process in these
> situations.

But isn't what TomH writes above exactly what we have? If you introduce
something new that was never tagged before, you simply tag it any way
you think makes sense and it is *very* unlikely that you will run into
criticism; a few months down the road, when someone else asks how this
thing should be tagged, you could say that you've been using this and
that for a while now and he can just do the same.

On the other hand, if your desire is to change something that already
exists and ask people to tag it differently from now on, or even worse
if you want people to agree on a blanket automatic change of millions of
existing objects, then you'll have a much harder time convincing people
that this is required.

All this without any formal quorum or vote.

Bye
Frederik