Tom Hughes wrote:
> That's a completely ridiculous quorum when we have 10000 active mappers.
> If the process says that eight people can get together and tell
> thousands of people that they've been "doing it wrong" for the last five
> years and should start retagging everything according to some new scheme
> then the process is broken.

Those eight people can only do this if not even 0.1% of the other 10000
care enough to oppose the proposal. If that's the case, then apparently
the proposal isn't so bad, is it? Why didn't all those people who
apparently hate "path" vote against it?

You seem to assume that people who use a tag actually implicitly "vote"
for it. In practice, most mappers simply use what's there and don't mind
using something else if that's what their editor presets / wiki
documentation / neighbors are using now. While path may have been
"approved" by a minority, it's also a minority who is complaining about
it now. If applications and editors consistently used path, then most of
your 10000 wouldn't spend a second thought on it.

Tobias Knerr