Hi Steve,

Steve Hill schrieb:
> A recent purchase of an Android phone has lead me to play with AndNav2 and
> OpenRouteService.  However, in some cases I get some unexpectedly crazy
> routes.
>
> OpenRouteService doesn't seem to understand the highway=road tag.  So
> presumably if your destination is on a highway=road, it should be
> projected onto another nearest road.  However, plotting a route from
> Swansea to -4.119322,53.145316 (North Wales) ends up routing via Calais,
> Rotterdam, way out into the North Sea and then directly to the
> destination.  Moving the destination slightly closer to another road
> causes sanity to be resumed.

please, could you try it again?
For me it works, http://bit.ly/HDgbO

It seems, that it was a OSM data problem, thx!

the highway=road tag is a a temporary tag, or?
"A road of unknown classification. This is intended as a temporary
tag to mark a road until it has been properly surveyed. Once it has
been surveyed, the classification should be updated to the
appropriate value." [1]

pascal

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features