On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Roy Wallace<waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To me, cycleway means path, designated means signed, and bicycle=yes
> means it's suitable for bikes. So if you have a path that is suitable
> for a bicycle but does not have a sign with a bicycle, I would use
> highway=path (or cycleway, if you insist); designated=no; bicycle=yes.

I made a mistake. designated is not a key, it's a value. So yeah,
you'd just use bicycle=yes to infer that it isn't designated. In other
words, maybe we should clarify in the wiki that bicycle=designated
implies bicycle=yes and absence of bicycle=designated implies not
designated.

Hmm... to avoid this situation you would have to change to something
more like bicycle:designated=no and bicycle=yes.