DSLR - The Canon 50D has HD video with manual focus. Which would record high
quality shots.

Video - I borrowed a camera from a friend the other day, it was a helmet cam
kit from dogcam it has a small colour camera unit that you put on the helmet
or bike/car. It also has a seperate unit that records the data to a cf card
and will record for 5 hours. Here is the best bit it has a gps reciver port
on it so it can do gps logging at the same time. Irrc the kit is ~£500 but
decent kit, I used it for onbike recordings of Cadwell Park but sadly I
didn't have a gps reciver to plug into it. I did a test with me driving in
the van so I might try and match it to my gps log (zumo550) and see how it
goes.

Jack

On Aug 18, 2009 6:12 PM, "Mike N." <nice...@att.net> wrote:

> Just a thought on this... do you know which frame of the GOP this is from.
> I frames would be th...
 I played with the jog mode, but could not find a clearer view in a nearby
frame.

 This is the Contour HD - fantastic for general sports and action
recording, but not quite a dream cam for OSM surveys.   It has a sports mode
for 60 FPS, but that will also reduce the field of view from 135 degrees to
90 degrees.