I'm currently playing with the PostGIS Queries, too. I tried sth. like

SELECT osm_id, name
FROM planet_osm_polygon
WHERE boundary='administrative' AND
   ST_Within(way, (SELECT way FROM planet_osm_polygon WHERE
     boundary='administrative' AND admin_level='2' AND name='Deutschland'
     LIMIT 1) )

to get all boundaries in germany but i only get Aachen [1] and
Deutschland [2] back. Any idea?

Peter

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=62665
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=51477