On 3 Sep 2009, at 21:18, SteveC wrote:

> On 3 Sep 2009, at 07:04, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> Peter Miller wrote:
>> > Ok, so I have just had an RSS alert that Liam123 is back editing
>>> again today after a delay of 3 weeks.
>>
>> Probably because kids are back at school now.
>>
>> Look at his first changeset ever - it's next to his school. Of
>> course, it
>> would be an interesting experiment to e-mail the headteacher and let
>> him
>> know that his computer equipment is probably being used to vandalise
>> an
>> international collaborative project.
>
> Y'know I abused school computer equipment for most of my time in
> schools and universities, far better if someone can figure out how to
> help the kid out to the light side of The Force than to stamp on a
> little bit of creativity.

Liam123 is doing us a huge favour and I hope he continues to do what
he has been doing for some time to come. We does some, but not too
much damage every now and again and then gives us some time to improve
our response. He has not done so much damage that it gets us negative
publicity, but he is doing enough to force us to build an effective
response which is just what we need at this point, and it is much
better for us to be tested by some innocent graffiti and than anything
more malicious. I am sure that in time he will become a more
conventionally useful and upstanding member of society (as has our
illustrious chairman;) ) however for now I suggest we allow him to
carry on with his games while we get set up so we can respond in
minutes to new interventions from him and others also also get some
good tools to dig out all the previous mischief that he has left for
us in the database (such as the B1008 which I spotted earlier today
which he 'adjusted' back in June).

When we come to transfer to the new license we will of course need to
be able to remove his and other contributions if we are not able to
get an agreement to transfer to the new license, which might actually
be another use for the same tools.

Regards,

Peter