On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 07:48 +0300, Roman Neumüller wrote:

> >> Now the renderer is sucking up to the cartographers?
> >>
> > It's really old news, that tile.openstreetmap.org is using the
> > minutely diffs.
> > Shaun

We moved the tile rendering to a new server[1] last weekend and this is
rendering tiles several times faster than the old server. Currently it
is managing to render all the tiles faster than the request rate so the
changes are showing up very quickly.

> But seemingly only on zoomlevel 12 and higher numbers, right?
> Roman

The tile expiry script only marks tiles between zoom 13 and 18 for
automatic re-rendering. Limiting the minimum zoom is a performance
optimisation, otherwise the low zoom tiles get re-rendered far too
often. I'll try changing the minimum to 12 or 11 this weekend.

As a fallback I may setup a forced weekly render of the low zoom tiles
so they don't get left completely behind.

   Jon

1: "yevaud" http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Servers/yevaud