On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Joe Richards <joefis...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am helping a media company to add geo-location to its articles, and
> thought it might help speed the process of matching the requirements to a
> technology provider (or set of technologies) by presenting it to the OSM
> community.

I am happy to help you with your homework, Joe.  ;-)

Given your brief I would look first at Drupal and particularly at the
openlayers module.  http://drupal.org/project/openlayers

That gives you a completely open stack, GNU/Linux, php, mysql of world
class CMS / web platform tools.  Plus the wonderful Open Geo-tools of
OpenLayers.  This completely addresses the vast majority of the items
on your brief.

Best regards,
Richard.