Hi,

2009/9/23 Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>:
>    at the Intergeo trade fair, I spoke to a guy from the university in
> Wroclaw, Poland, who was interested in getting in touch with the Polish
> OSM community (with a view of asking his students, who have to do a lot
> of surveying as part of their courses, to contribute to OSM).

This would be very useful to OSM.

> I was about to say "just check out the Polish mailing list" when I found
> that while we do have lots of mailing lists for quite small countries,
> there's none for Poland.
>
> So where does the Polish OSM community hang out? Checked the Wiki and
> found nothing in terms of regular meetings or in fact any contact
> address or real name. Do they perhaps have a forum or something?

There's the forum at
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=23 with a tiny
community, it's rather silent but in the healthy way, meaning that
people are busy mapping :)  I would have much preferred a mailing list
but others don't seem very enthusiastic about this.

I don't know of any meetings other than mine with user:Mala

> Is
> there perhaps anyone in Wroclaw who would be willing to work with the
> university on this?

There's at least one user from Wroclaw reading the forums.  Wroclaw
municipality is also cooperative and allowed us to use their super
exact aerial photography of the city (10cm or so per pixel) and I
think some other WMS layers.

Cheers