I have been using JOSM for the last 2-3 months for making changes to OSM. A
practical issue I see using JOSM is it shows the GPS trails as light red
lines and then the user needs to draw nodes on those trails. Drawing these
individual nodes, taking care that each curve on the road is taken care of
by drawing multiple nodes (I have been mapping mountain roads primarily) is
quite a tedious task.

Given my limited understanding of mapping and even more limited
understanding of computing, I think it would be better if JOSM assumed the
trails to be correct and drew nodes on it on its own. The user could then
delete whatever he feels is irrelevant or not needed and make changes
wherever necessary. The downside to this would be repeat roads getting drawn
if users forget to delete tracks for a road which is already on OSM.

I will leave this open to discussion but I thought it better to bring this
to everybody's notice, so JOSM can be made more user friendly.

Regards,
Shalabh