On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 14:55, Jean-Marc Liotier <j...@liotier.org> wrote:
> The only drawback is that it depends on always working on the same host.
> I often move and I would have preferred a solution that does not depend
> on local data but only on what is on the server.

Then make a personal rule of always uploading your data to the server
just as you would with Potlatch, then you never have to worry about
local data and can just get it from the server.

If you mark your trace as identifiable you can distinguish it from
other traces you get from the sever, of course JOSM may need some
software support for that, if that's the case file a bug at
http://josm.openstreetmap.de for that feature.