On 23 Nov 2009, at 21:45, Jozef Riha wrote:

> Hi Valent,
>
> as for myself I'm using Nokia E51 with gpsmid as my primary mapping
> software. Used to utilize TrekBuddy but now that I discovered beauty
> of vector maps and audio tagging I am using TB only when gpsmid has
> some real issues which leads us to its downsides. Dunno whether it's
> j2me implementation, hardware problem or problem with gpsmid but
> sometimes I have some hard time with it: bluetooth connection drops
> randomly (I'm using external bluetooth module), crash or freeze and I
> also ended up with a corrupted midlet once. But still.. I was unable
> to find anything better. Anyway your mileage may vary with a different
> phone (Sony Ericsson?).

I'm using TrackMyJourney on a Sony Ericsson W995 (previously on a K850i and
K750i) and haven't had a problem of bluetooth to the GPS dropping out.

Note that TMJ won't work on Android (which the original poster asked about), as
it is a completely different platform even so it's still Java, just not the
standard J2ME that TMJ uses.

Shaun