Steve Bennett wrote:
> Instinctively, I want to tag it a cycleway...but there's absolutely
> nothing to justify that. Nowhere will you see any primacy given to
> cycling over walking. Conundrum.

highway=cycleway doesn't mean cycles have priority. It just means it's
intended for pedestrian and cycle use. There's no suggestion of primacy
for either.

(Incidentally, I missed out the footnote from my last mail, which was
going to say that in some countries (like the UK) cycles are permitted
on bridleways; nonetheless it's most sensible to treat highway=bridleway
as a path for pedestrian and horse use, and tag over and above that if
it's a cyclable one.)

cheers
Richard