I have seen tendences to an edit war on Key:religion [1] with a
possible spread to Key:denomination [2]. No matter if Pastafarianism
is a legimit religion or not, this edit war will not benefit anybody.
I have added a section on Talk:Key:religion where those oposing the
Pastafarians being represented on Key:religion can express their
reasons, and those for representation can defend why it is there.

As far as I know pastafarianism is a registered and approved religion
in a few countries. If tagging of pastafarian should be different,
than an alternative tagging must be suggested. In my opinion OSM must
be open for more religions, and I am tempted to include tagging of
such as Church of the SubGenius, Scientologists, and other "wierd"
religions, including UFO sects.

After reading what damage some sects can do, information about their
locations is not only of interest to their followers, but also people
looking for good locations to settle down, job opertunities other
places, or schools for our kids, and knowing which religions are
present, for good and for bad might be important for the final
decission.

In other words, stop the edit war, discuss pros and cons on the talk
page, and be open to include more rather than remove. If it is
concluded as not a religion than find alternative tagging.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:religion
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:denomination