On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 1:46 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/18 DavidD <thewi...@gmail.com>:
>> OSM has masses of CC-BY-SA data and contributors. How will the PD
>> people deal with that? Start replacing the existing CC-BY-SA data and
>> reverting any edits to PD data by CC-BY-SA contributors?
>
> The point more is for new data, than existing

If this is only applicable to "new data", why not upload that to a
separate server, and later import it into OSM as necessary?

I'm not even sure that any contribution to OSM can really be called
"new data", as most "new" data will be "created with reference to a
point Y that was share-alike licensed and thus becomes a derived work"
- as Frederik pointed out.