> AFAIK our current license offers our data for everyone who attributes
> correctly, but I'd like to raise the issue of malicious use of our
> data by governmental organisations. What do you thing about setting up
> a paragraph that prohibits the use of our data for military and
> intelligence services? Not that I'm hoping this would seriously
> prevent the use in case we have useful data to them, but still it
> would be a statement.

No. Free means free, and that includes people and organisations that you
don't agree with. Once we start imposing politically-based decisions on
who can or can't use the data, we stop being a resource and start being
a pressure group, and that's not what I believe OSM to be about.

How do you determine what's military use, anyway? Is a private
contractor working for the armed forces military use? Is a member of the
armed forces working in their spare time military use? More pertinently,
is members of armed forces working in an area recently hit by a natural
disaster military use?

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)