Here is an update from the License Working Group.

We feel we've reached a reasonable community consensus to move forward
carefully based on results from the OSMF member vote and from the general
community poll (below).

At the moment, we are trying to address some concerns raised by OSM and OSMF
members about the new Contributor Terms.  These have been slightly modified and
the latest version can be seen here
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms . If any one is
interested in what the changes are and why, I'll be writing to the legal-talk
list shortly. We expect to get this finally reviewed and ready in the next few
days.

The next step is introduce "dual licensing" for *new* OpenStreetMap
contributors as soon as possible.  When they register, they will be asked to
license their contributions under both CC-BY-SA and ODbL until and when the
ODbL is finally in place.  This is an important step as it has always been the
most urgent step step in the process ... the longer we leave it, the more
contributors we have to be contacted.

Follow ups to legal-talk please!

Mike

The OSMF member vote has been closed, and the results from 270 members polled
are:

  Approved the process:        132
  Did not approve the process:  16
  Didn't vote:                 122

alternatively,

  Approval rate: 89%
  Turnout rate:  55%

You can see full results, including a survey of member's opinions for future
direction at:

http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/OSMF_member_vote_results

The open poll on on general community reaction is available here and is still
open if you want to add your view:

http://doodle.com/feqszqirqqxi4r7w