Van: talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org] Namens Dave F.
Verzonden: dinsdag 16 februari 2010 18:46
Aan: John Smith
CC: OpenStreetMap talk mailing list
Onderwerp: Re: [OSM-talk] fwd: Two thirds of mobile users want driving
ANDwalking navigation

John Smith wrote:
> On 17 February 2010 01:40, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com>
wrote:

>> Frequently you can't get a position fix at all, if the building has
much metal in its structure.  I can't get a position fix from inside my
house unless I am near a south-facing window, probably due to a
metallic-foil vapor barrier in the attic.

> It has little to do with the material it's made of, it's all about how
> much mass an object has, the more mass the more it will absorb RF.
Is this correct?

I assumed the reason I had trouble getting reception on board trains
because of what their roofs were screened with.
I can't believe they'd put much mass up there.

Cheers
Dave F.