Hi there-

I got same converging info feeds which call for a wait and see and
indications on the articulation of response efforts in a country with strong
capabilities on this realm. This does not imply that OSM has no role to
play.
The keys elements that OSM should get out on the Haiti model will be access
to data in standard sharing format (shp, wfs, kml), gps extracts and first
ready to map a4 and a3 products (ideally supporting black and white
printings.
A basic wiki set up on the Haiti model could also be appropriate for in-OSM
& out-OSM coordination and communication means
Best
N.

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Mikel Maron <mikel_ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> No reports yet on extent of damage, looks like most impact are in areas
> remote from the capital. Hopefully in the next few hours we'll have an
> inkling of the impact, and whether a relief operation will go into effect.
>
> We also need to keep ears open for possible tsunami across the pacific.
>
> In contrast to Haiti, OSM already has some good starts in Chile.
>
> OSM resources on Chile
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Chile
> http://www.openstreetmap.cl/
>
> Julio Costa Zambelli <julio.co...@openstreetmap.cl> is one of the lead OSM