On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Torsten Mohr <tm...@s.netic.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i hope this is not off-topic here.

No, it's OK. In future it's best to use the d...@openstreetmap.org list
for development topics.

> And this last command leads to failures:
>
> Using projection SRS 4326 (Latlong)
> Setting up table: planet_osm_point
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_point« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_point_tmp« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> Setting up table: planet_osm_line
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_line« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_line_tmp« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> Setting up table: planet_osm_polygon
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_polygon« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_polygon_tmp« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> Setting up table: planet_osm_roads
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_roads« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> HINWEIS:  Tabelle »planet_osm_roads_tmp« existiert nicht, wird übersprungen
> Mid: pgsql, scale=10000000, cache=800MB, maxblocks=102401*8192
> Setting up table: planet_osm_nodes
> *** WARNING: intarray contrib module not installed
>

> It seems that the tables planet_osm_point, planet_osm_line and so on do not
> exist.

That's not a problem. It's trying to find them in order to drop them
and recreate them, so the fact that they don't exist is irrelevant.

> Did i miss a command to set up these tables?

Yes, the intarray contrib module needs to be installed for slim mode
(the -s you used). See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik#osm2pgsql

> Which command should have created the tables?  I thought they'd be created by
> executing postgis.sql ?

No, the osm-related tables are created automatically by osm2pgsql.
Don't worry about the warnings that they don't exist.

Cheers,
Andy