On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 16:45 +0100, Grant Slater wrote:
> 2010/3/30 John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>:
> > anything tagged natural=coastline only updates intermitently, I'm not
> > sure if there is a regular schedule or not, however shape files are
> > produced from the coastline segments and so on and so forth.
> >

> Coastlines updating is currently a manual process for tile.osm.org
>
> Coastline Checker is much more frequently updated:
> http://coastline.openstreetmap.nl/ (see update line on site)
> Details on wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Coastline_error_checker

The shapefiles were last updated just a couple of days ago, from the
planet-100324.osm.bz2 file. I can't see any obvious reason why the
islands would be missing. The coastline generating utility really only
cares about things tagged with natural=coastline so any other tags like
place=island should have no effect on it.

  Jon