On 1 April 2010 20:54, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Hm. I'm somewhat reluctant to tag a post code boundary an "administrative"
> boundary. Our postal service is on its way to being a private enterprise
> now.

It was like that before I came along, I don't know how much this was
discussed before hand, I've just been adding missing postcodes etc.

> That's one thing we're contemplating. It is a bit difficult because of the
> relations involved (one boundary line is used by two neighouring relations,
> so anyone importing a region manually would have to check for
> already-imported regions around to share their boundary lines). But of
> course it also helps avoid problems.

I believe some people have scripts that could possibly merge duplicate
ways, but in the end we decided to do things manually since by the
time we did extensive testing on scripts etc it would probably be just
as quick to do things manually, especially since people have
incorrectly merged boundaries and broken polygons etc.