Hi there,

I just managed to get the permission to import import the city government
data into OSM. However, I'm not able to import it to JOSM successfully.

The data is on different shapefiles, that for greater convenience I mirrored
on my webserver:
http://nighto.net/rio.zip
http://nighto.net/rio/

I found out that the easiest way to have an .osm file editable on JOSM would
be using Iván's ogr2osm.py [1] and it worked out pretty well. However, the
tracks are misaligned with the tracks I already have collected with GPS
(which is aligned to the Yahoo! imagery, so they're not bad tracks). Please
check this screenshot:
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7035/capturadetelak.png In this example,
i converted the "ciclovias.*" files (cycleways) to .osm, opened in JOSM and
downloaded this area. The shapefile converted way is selected (red) and the
OSM (captured with GPS) is in dark grey.

Any ideas? I don't think that the government data is misaligned like that.
Also, selecting all the ways on the converted osm layer on JOSM and drag
over until they align with something that already exists could work out, but
there's probably a better way to do it. I thought about creating a shell
script to add/subtract the lat/lon numbers on all nodes, but maybe someone
would come out with a magical conversion that would work out perfectly :)

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Arlindo "Nighto" Pereira

1: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/ogr2osm/ogr2osm.py