jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com wrote:

> here is a question from one of my friends,
> *what linux-based wifi gps phone would you recommend?*
> any suggestions?

Most free : Openmoko.
Best market potential : Android
Best compromise : Maemo... Except that Nokia has orphaned Maemo.
Best hope from my point of view is Meego... But there won't be anything
on the market running it for at least a year.

I would be most happy with a N900 running Maemo if there was not the
nagging knowledge that it is a dead end. So for now I stick with the
Android I bought long before the N900 came out - but I'm not quite
satisfied with it, in part because it does not feel open at all.