andrzej zaborowski wrote:
I think the rules for joining segments by osm2pgsql should be something like:
* name='s are equal,
* highway/railway/waterway/aeroway class is equal (however I wouldn't
mind osm2pgsql joining a 3-segment way where the middle segment is
shared with a tramway)
* only two such ways meet at the common node -- not a Y type of
junction where all three ways have identical names & classes.
* (possibly) not divided by a crossing with a higher class way,
* (possibly) not meeting at a narrow angle
* oneway='s are equal (or inverse, in case the ways have opposite directions),
     * unless it's a zoom level where the oneway arrows are invisible.

How about http://osm.org/go/WIdREBKcE-- ? Note, the N/S road is split in two parts at this intersection, as it is oneway=yes on both sides in opposite directions. Since the street is so short, it loses both name labels just two zooms out. Of course, rendering the mini-roundabout at lower zooms doesn't help.