On 3 August 2010 18:13, Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com> wrote:

> Can somebody revert this edit ASAP?

Which reminds me... we at NearMap are preparing to begin rollout of OSM
editing on our site; simple operations like adding house numbers and
adding/correcting street names.  Edits can be made by registered users of
our site through a simple interface that's not as scary as Potlatch :)  Our
aim is therefore to encourage non-mappers to contribute to OSM, since they
won't have to worry about the complexities of tagging rules, etc.  Whilst we
have a number of things in place to guard against vandalism and incorrect
edits, we're also looking at the best ways to (a) tag uploaded edits so that
they can be clearly extracted from the data and (b) work with the OSM
community to revert bad edits.  We could do (b) by emailing the various
lists, but is there a more efficient way to arrange to get edits reverted?
 I'm looking for whatever way is least load on us *and* those in OSM who
maintain the data.

Cheers
Ben

--