On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:44:48 +0200, Stephan Knauss
<o...@stephans-server.de> wrote:

> while working on some special purpose map rendering I was told that
> it would also be interesting for Greece.
>
> So here I have a bilingual map rendering for Greece:
>
> http://greece.osm-tools.org/
>

> Please let me know if you consider this useful. Currently the map
> data of *this* map is not updated.

Very! And it would be for all other non-latin scripts too.
It would be a nice addition if tiles were rendered in local script and
latin and shown like that based on preference or viewer location.
Not sure if people from those areas feel the same about getting places
with latin script in their script. Of course that requires some
additional computing power.
Would it be an option to put captions (up to a certain extent) on a
different layer?

Maarten