On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 14:06, Jean-Francois (Jeff) Faudi
<jeanfrancois.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am talking on behalf of Spot Image. At this stage, we are only making a
> test over France. As soon as possible, we will try to evaluate the mutual
> benefits for Spot Image and OpenStreetMap in order to foster an extended
> collaboration.
>
> Here is the SPOtMaps page in English :
> http://www.spotimage.com/web/en/1285-spotmaps.php
>
> And I just want to correct the spelling for the source tag : source=Cnes /
> Spot Image

Hi Jeff. I was wondering what the SPOT-5 coverage was over
Iceland. It's not listed on that page, in the KML file or in the
country list. But according to this:

    http://www.lmi.is/pages/fjarkonnun/spot-5-myndir-keyptar-2008-og-2009/

And:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=iceland+site:spotimage.com

There's at least some coverage. But I assume it's really sparse or in
low resolution and is thus is not listed on the main listing?

Anyway, if you're looking for a country that you probably have minimal
commercial gain anyway and that doesn't have any imagery already
(except for Landsat) the mappers in Iceland would love to get access
to SPOT-5 for tracing.

Thanks for your time.