On 13/10/10 4:39 PM, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
Would you consider uploading the traces to an independent point,
specifying the licence of the traces and giving permission for them to
be traced into OSM / other maps (you specify what) and perhaps this
could then be downloaded as a separate layer into editors?

Yes, I could do that, absolutely. Do you think this is a better option? It would make the traces less apparent to lots of people (i.e. they wouldn't be included when someone clicks the "Also get GPS traces" checkbox in Merkaartor for example), but I guess I could advertise their existence to Australian mappers etc.