On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:01:24 +0200, Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:28:54PM +0100, MP wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:05:29 +0100, Ed Loach wrote:
Relations
without
members can be used intentionally,

Can you give an example, please? Because I've tried and failed to
think of any. Perhaps I'm just getting hung up on the name "relation" as something which groups its related members in some way defined by
the relation's tags (while not being used as a category).

For example in Prague there is relation for transport network which
contain empty relation for some tram lines - those are not operational currently due to some constructions, but once these constructions are
finished, they can be easily restored to previous state (just dig up
some older version of the relation from history, check it and save it)

You might just as well delete the relation while the tram line does
not exist. You are still able to restore an old version from the history
later. There is no difference in the process. Relations should not
be used as a garbage dump for information that might be interesting in the
future.

Yes - if you remember the ID. If you don't, finding the ID can be almost impossible (there is no simple way to search for deleted given its tags)

Martin