There needs to be a means of using at least 2 languages, and possibly a
means to know which areas use which language.

In Wales, you can usually tell whether you are in a Welsh speaking area
by the order of Araf and Slow painted onto the road. Afaf on top, it
Welsh. Slow on top then its English speaking.

I have come unstuck with this with Tomtom. Wrexham is mostly English
speaking, but the street signs are bi-lingual. Was trying to find the
Old Station, the website used the English name, but TomTom used the
Welsh name. And it was a common name (Hill Street), so I finished up at
another Hill Street elsewhere in the Wrexham borough.

Phil