Mike Dupont wrote:
2012/4/1 Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk <mailto:les...@lsces.co.uk>>

    Altin Ukshini wrote:

        Does anyone care about these reports ?
        I said it before and I'm saying it again, we can't monitor/administer
        the map
        everyday and you know this, we don't even have enough people
        contributing in OSM
        here in Kosovo and Serbians are using this opportunity to change
        whatever they
        want in the map.

        I don't think that you might want to loose contributors from Kosovo !?
        You have to report these violations... how much will this last until
someone
        makes a decision ?
        We have already reported so many violations till now.

    'Location' is somewhat hit or miss everywhere. My own diary postings give
    some strange textual descriptions of where they were supposed to be located.
    The problem here is simply that there is no clear mechanism for identifying
    'where' a location is, so until all of the relevant boundaries are mapped
    and tested in the same way as the intensive effort on getting the coastline
    complete it is going to be difficult to fix some of these irritations.

    I've given up asking for a proper check on hierarchy place and is_in which
    would at least get towns in the right country ... rather than relying on the
    mapped boundaries ...

this has changed, it used to be kosovo.
it needs to be fixed, please.

My point is ... does anybody actually know where it is broken?
It is not the 'is_in' tag ... that isn't used to determine location ... last time I tried looking at this problem in the UK nobody seemed to know how the location was ACTUALLY generated :( It looks to the 'administrative boundaries' areas and so presumably someone has been playing with them? It's a pain trying to find what has been 'modified' ...

( No bloody politics here RB !!! )

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL