Hi,

On 04/01/2012 02:24 PM, SomeoneElse wrote:
Would it be possible to suspend automated changes until a little time
after the activities defined here
<http://blog.osmfoundation.org/2012/03/27/service-schedule-march-april-2012/>
are fully complete?

Most of these bots violate the "automated edits" policies anyway and the only reason that they haven't been stopped and held to account is that Data Working Group haven't got the manpower. But we plan to be much stricter on automated edits and imports in the future.

* This may at first glance seem OK, but I came across a problem with
exactly this recently. A newbie editor had merged two ways with
different layers to create a way with layer "1; 0". The bot changed this
to "1" when the correct action would have been to investigate which ways
the newbie editor merged and ensure that the correct layer was applied
to the correct parts of the new way.

This is exactly what we would like to stop *generally*, not only just for a while.

Bye
Frederik