The City of Toronto Open Data team held an event last week[1] to
celebrate the second year of their Open Data program and to discuss
how it might be improved.  Visualizations were the hot topic, featured
in two of the three main topics of discussion.

- Are visualizations using City of Toronto data (as opposed to
applications using the data) the missing link in gaining more
acceptance of the value of Open Data?
- Should the City of Toronto be developing their own visualizations and apps?
- Are we (Community and City) missing anything here - what else can we
do to take Open Data to the next level?"

Toronto is good about accessibility, but talking about data
"visualizations" seemed exclusive to those in attendance who were
blind.  We talked a little bit about "renderings" rather than
"visualizations".  What are other inclusive synonyms that we can use
when talking about making data useful for audiences?

presentation layer ?
renderings ?
... ?

[1] http://www.eventbrite.ca/event/3120311937