netman55 <netma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps it means the bus parks on the bus stop, eg. driver parks his
> bus
> on a end of route bus stop, goes off has a break and comes back,
> drives
> off back down the route he/she came
>
> On 13/06/2012 13:23, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> > 2012/6/13 Jaakko Helleranta.com<jaa...@helleranta.com>:
> >> Imho in your cases amenity=bus_stop + parking=yes doesn't sound bad
> at all for bus stops targeted to (partly car traveling) commuters, for
> example.
> >
> > I don't think that amenity=bus_stop parking=yes does make any sense.
> > You can park in a lot of places, shall we add parking=yes to all of
> > them? You can also chew gum there, should we also add
> > chew_chewing_gum=yes?
> >
> > A parking is an area, a bus stop is more or less a point. If the two
> > are close, you can see this in the db (and potentially also, if
> there
> > are any linear barriers between them). IMHO there is no need or
> sense
> > in combining the two, but if I were to emphasize on a parking with
> > annected bus stop I'd see it as an extra property of the parking,
> not
> > the bus stop.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Martin

More likely, it is meant for "park and ride" lots, where you have a parking lot
whose use is restricted to those riding the bus.  Typically, these lots will be
on or near the outermost end of radial bus routes, and are used by commuters.

--
John F. Eldredge --  j...@jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to