Hi,

On 18.09.2012 20:34, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
So you are blocking one user because other users working on similar
stuff (cadastre integration) did not work correctly?

The user was not blocked because others did not work correctly.

He was blocked - for 24 hours - because he did not adhere to the import policy, was asked to comply, and chose to ignore that.

Can you point to such issues caused by the user that was actually
blocked?

Doing this would only deviate into a discussion about whether or not certain data is "good".

I continuously read the argument that cadastre imports were not imports per se because it is a careful, small-scale, manual integration and not an import.

I am sure there are many users in France doing exactly that - a careful, small-scale, high-quality data integration. Most of them are probably way below the OSMF radar.

But if the work of one person surpasses the million-object mark then is that still a small-scale import? How much time does it take to review carefully a million objects? Is it possible that a simple "JOSM did not report anything obvious" takes the place of the careful review? I am pretty sure that above a certain number, a proper quality review is simply not possible, and it is there that imports start.

Bye
Frederik